Friday, February 16, 2018

The Tent by Margaret Atwood

The Tent
by Margaret Atwood

I was recently looking for a Margaret Atwood book that was small and easily digestible, as sometimes my attention span does not allow me to read full tales spun in world’s outside my own. Although I love her perspective, the only other Atwood book I successfully completed was Good Bones and Simple Murders, which was another book of short stories and poems. This one was similar to that because every chapter packed a punch. This book was slightly different because there were a couple more chapters where you could read about her reflections on her time as a writer, and her wrestling with the expectations put upon her. My favorite chapter in this collection was Orphan Stories. I felt like it understood me we well as a millennial maybe, or perhaps as a misfit. I would recommend this book to many bold and brave women in my life.

[ publisher’s official The Tent web page ] | [ official Margaret Atwood web site ]

Recommended by Naomi S.
Eiseley and Williams Branch Libraries and the Bookmobile

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: