Sunday, January 15, 2017

One to Five by Ryan Scott

One to Five: One Shortcut Recipe Transforms Into Five Easy Dishes
by Ryan Scott [641.55 Sco]

I really liked the idea behind this book (which I obtained an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of), and the general format of it. Basically, the author, Ryan Scott, would pick a key ingredient (say, rotisserie chicken) and create a base recipe with that ingredient. Then, he would create five different dishes around that one key ingredient. It’s a fabulous concept! And the fact that there’s an intro from Rachel Ray filled me with the idea that this must be a qualified chef. (I’d never heard of him before.) The bummer is that I’m a rather picky eater, as are my kids… so I wouldn’t end up making the majority of the items in the cookbook. The blame for this, in my opinion, does not fall to the writer of the cookbook; rather it falls to me and my kiddos for being afraid to step outside our comfort zone. Overall, I think many people would appreciate this cookbook!

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try Delicious Dump Cakes : 50 Super Simple Desserts to Make in 15 Minutes or Less, by Roxanne Wyss.]

[ official One to Five book trailer on YouTube ] | [ official Ryan Scott web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!
#ReadersUnite

No comments: