Sunday, October 16, 2016

Big Little Lies by Liano Moriarty on CD

Big Little Lies
by Liane Moriarty [Compact Disc Moriarty]

DEATH at Perriwee Public School Trivia Night!!!

I really think this story holds great appeal for mothers, especially those of kindergarten to middle-school age. Many of the things that I’ve gone through over the years, with my three children, are replayed for me in this story. Well, except for the part where someone DIES at Trivia Night, of course. The fake friendliness with hidden cattiness underneath, the cliques, the true friendships that develop, etc. It’s a whole dynamic that you don’t even realize exists until your kiddos begin school. This story takes that to a whole new level, which is hilarious and scary and fun all at once.

I first discovered Liane Moriarty when I read The Husband’s Secret, as recommended to me by a friend. I really loved it. So then I saw this book, and I snatched it up. Let me clarify: I had listened to the audiobook of The Husband’s Secret, and then I listened to the audiobook of Big Little Lies. I have to tell you, Moriarty’s writing is absolutely fabulous–and it is PERFECTLY paired with the reading done by Caroline Lee. (She did both.) I am completely in love with the combination of them, and I’m going to get my hands (ears?) on every piece they’ve done together, no matter what it takes!

[ official Big Little Lies page on the official Liane Moriarty web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: