Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Force Awakens (on DVD)


With how big the franchise is I don’t feel it necessary to introduce this much. Personally I was not too excited to see it when it came out, but I went with family anyway because they wanted to see it. As I watched it I got more into it and ended up really enjoying it. I’d watched the three original movies before, just because I felt like the only person who had not seen them. Despite the fact that they are such classics, I just didn’t get into them or connect with any of the characters. ‘The Force Awakens’ was different for me. Not only was there plenty of action and adventure, but it was a bit mysterious too as it ends with unanswered questions. I really liked BB8 because it’s funny and cute; I also kind of felt sorry for him because he’s being hunted. Rey’s character was interesting because so much of her past is unknown to the viewers and the character, but I also liked how she and Finn worked as a team. As I said I really liked this movie even though I didn’t care much for the previous ones, but I would still recommend you watch them before you see this one (if you haven’t already), so you aren’t as confused as to who is who.

[If you might also like the Witchblade graphic novel series, avaliable on Hoopla. It’s also a sci-fi starring a strong female protagonist with a special power, although it is set on Earth in modern times.] [Also available in traditional print format.] [ Internet Movie Database entry for this film ] | [ official Star Wars: The Force Awakens web site ]

Recommended by Kristen A.
Gere Branch Library

Have you read or made use of this book? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: