Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cookbooking: The Delicious New Way to Scrapbook


Cookbooking: The Delicious New Way to Scrapbook
by Barbara Winkler [745.593 Win]

This book provides inspiration for organizing your recipes for yourself or to create gifts for family and friends. I especially liked the idea of creating a heritage scrapbook of family recipes. Pasting old family photos along with the recipes and letters written long ago in a bound book makes a great present for someone dear to you or as a keepsake for yourself. Winkler gives detailed instructions for making the book from the cover to the last page. Another idea I like is to create a holidays cookbook of all those special occasions. I like this idea because I am always thumbing through cookbooks for that potato puff recipe that goes so well with the turkey that my husband fixes on the grill. Every year I tell myself that I will put copies of the recipes that I fix for these special days one place, but I never do it. Making a book like this is the motivation that I need. This book has a felt divider for each holiday with a pocket to hold recipe cards and notes about the celebration. -- recommended by Donna G. - Virtual Services Department

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide web site. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month.

No comments: